Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A BABY IS DUE!!

Yes the title is correct! After 7 years of trying to begin our family we are finally expecting our precious child. I am currently 13 weeks and 1 day along and baby Dixon is due February 16, 2015!

It's really amazing! I actually was ready to give up when it finally happened for us. I had been taking 50mg of Clomid on and off for 5 years and if you've read my blog you'd know we succeeded twice in conceiving but we miscarried the first earlier on and our second pregnancy ended up being an ectopic pregnancy that had to be medically ended because of life threatening risks.  So after 3 years of no pregnancies I was starting to give up hope that it would happen and it just was not fun anymore.  So just when I was throwing in the towel I remembered that we had discussed asking my Dr about increasing my Clomid dose to 100mg. I decided that I'd try that for a few months and if nothing happened then we'd take a break from it all and let nature work. Well in May I began the 100mg of Clomid and ended up tracking ovulation which I've always had a difficult time tracking. We ovulated on May 28th and got a BFP on June 8th. I wasn't expecting to be pregnant but I knew I needed to start testing on June 9th so went to the dollar tree and just bought a few cheap tests because I didn't want to spend money on something I didn't think would even show positive. Well I decided to take one of those tests a day early anyways and at first when the fluid went across the test I saw the control line come up but nothing else so I thought of course its negative. Well I waited the 3 minutes and looked at it again and saw a very faint second line. I was in shock! I went to show my husband who was in the living room on the phone and I put the test up by some light and said "Am I crazy or are there 2 lines??" He said nothing since he was still on the phone but took the test and set it on the table and just stared at it watching the line get darker. He was excited to see the second line but as scared as I was just because of our history of happiness being ripped away from us. We took two more test the next day and they were both faint positives as well.  Then I had a dr's appointment that same day that confirmed a pregnancy by blood test! We were officially PREGNANT!

So to make a long story short I was placed on progesterone before we even found out I was pregnant (just in case) and I stayed on it the entire first trimester and am now starting to wean myself off it. My ARNP who helped us the last 5 years to try and get this far was beyond excited for us. She told me I could come in every week for ultrasounds if it would help keep my stress level down. So that's what I've been doing. We've got to see our sweet baby grow every week. From a tiny embryonic sac to a baby kicking, squirming, and flipping on an ultrasound. She's beautiful. I say she because both my husband and I feel this baby is a girl. If we are wrong we are wrong but calling the baby she instead of it or they sounds like a better option. I've also gotten a home fetal doppler so I can hear the babies heartbeat whenever I want. It gives me a lot of relief to hear her heart beating and hearing her kick and move around. I can't wait until I start feeling her move. 

Its been a long road to get here and if you are struggling with PCOS or infertility don't give up! It's a lot of hard work to get here but you can do it!

I've included two ultrasound pictures, babies heartbeat video and a short clip of her moving around on the ultrasound.











No comments:

Post a Comment