Wednesday, December 22, 2010

About Me

My name is Diana.  I am 21 years old.  Married to the most wonderful man, his name is Eric.  I am a mix of German and Hispanic, although my complexion is completely pale (couldn't get a hint of tan from any of those genes!!) I live in the wonderfully wet state of Washington.  Although Mt Rainier is gorgeous I love being able to see that beautiful mountain every day the clouds aren't covering it!! 

So this blog is pretty much about our infertility struggle so lets get to the gist of it..  My husband and I married July 16 2007,  after only 4 1/2 months together.  Fast I know but we were young and in love!  He is truly my one and only love!  He is an amazing, caring, and wonderful man!  We have now been married 3 1/2 years!  During these 3 1/2 years we have struggled to start our family.  I was diagnosed with a condition called Polycystic Ovarian syndrome aka PCOS.  When you are a kid you don't think hey its going to be extremely difficult to have a baby in my future.  No you play with Barbie and Ken and along comes Kelly. As simple as that right?  NO!!  Infertility is not something widely discussed until now.  In recent years more woman have been able to talk about it.  Until now it has been such a hush hush topic.  Struggling to have babies, not feeling woman enough because you can't give your husband a baby. Its all difficult.  I am lucky enough to have a husband who helps me when I am down.  Of course sometimes you just need to have a good cry.  Bottling things up is a terrible idea.  

So that is some of our past history.  For now I'll leave it at that and I'll add more later on today.  

Leave some comments,  ask questions!

Happy Blogging!!

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment